Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Trying again with a new attitude!

Alrighty then.

I've got a cup of coffee and I've pushed up my sleeves. It's time to get serious about this blog business. I've got this Canadian Housewife I know who's been pestering me (nicely) to get back to blogging, so she can keep up with this Alaskan Housewife.

The past, oh my goodness, two years have been nuts. After the loss of our twins, we went through IVF and after an uneventful pregnancy and a worrisome birth and recovery, we were blessed with a healthy baby girl. Pebbles is about to turn one and raising her has been a wonderful, tiring, hilarious, overwhelming and, at times, frightening privilege. I didn't come through the pregnancy unscathed, and have undergone a few surgeries to try and get on track to try for a sibling. More on that some other time.

In addition to raising our daughter, we have just bought our first home! We moved to Alaska a few years ago and chose to lease a house rather than buy right away, so we could get to know the area first. We finally decided to start looking after the first of the year, and were greatly surprised to find the perfect home after just a month of looking. We closed and moved in a week ago, and I am still unpacking and cleaning. This house is in great shape with recent renovations of kitchen and baths, but it need a lot of work this summer. I'll be documenting it here.

So, from cooking, to home customization, to building a bear-proof chicken coop, Campfires and Caribou is finally back online!

3 comments:

  1. YES!!!! I may have giggled and clapped as I started reading this post. It's been a long time coming but I am so excited you are back! I can't wait to read all about your adventures in homesteading and following all of your projects this summer. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty happy to be back, although I am sure you're my only reader. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete